Please note the coronavirus entry regulations of the Federal Ministry of Health and inform yourself before your trip which test and quarantine obligations apply in detail for the country from which you are entering Germany. Individual regulations may apply to vaccinated and recovered people.
Test requirement entering Germany by air
- All air travelers are required to test before departure to Germany. The negative test result is checked upon entry.
- Vaccination and recovery certificates can replace a negative test certificate and release you from entry quarantine. This does not apply to previous stays in a virus variant area. A list of the currently identified risk areas can be found here: www.rki.de/risikogebiete
Digital immigration registration
Passengers entering Germany from risk areas, high-risk areas and virus variants areas are obliged to fill out a digital immigration registration before starting your journey. Depending on which country you are coming from, quarantine are mandatory. Please check the current regulations.
- Before you travel to Germany, register digitally at einreiseanmeldung.de.
- Save the confirmation document (PDF) or print it out. Take it with your travel documents so that you can show it to the airline or official controls.
- During registration, contact details, data on the whereabouts of the last ten days as well as data on the means of transport and the address for the next ten days are recorded.
- The obligation to register does not apply to stays of less than 24 hours, for example if you land in Memmingen and then travel on to a destination outside of Bavaria.
- If you have stayed in a risk area, you have to go home immediately after arrival – or to some other accommodation at the destination – and isolate yourself for ten days (quarantine at home). In the case of a previous stay in a virus variant area, the separation period is fourteen days.
- The quarantine at home can be ended prematurely if proof of recovery, proof of vaccination or negative test proof is transmitted via the entry portal of the Federal Republic of Germany at https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de. After a previous stay in high-incidence areas, testing can be carried out five days after entry at the earliest. After staying in virus variant areas, the quarantine lasts 14 days and an early termination of the quarantine is not possible.